28 Apr NYCMER Annual Conference: ENGAGE!
With social distancing guidelines and rapid changes in our field, we recognize that connection and exchange with colleagues is as crucial as ever. The New York City Museum Educators Roundtable is committed to providing a platform for museum educators (and others) to share their expertise and a forum for exchanges of ideas. We are excited to be able to continue to hold the 2020 NYCMER Annual Conference: ENGAGE! This online conference will explore topics that often define our roles in the museum and informal world: how we engage with our audiences and our colleagues through social action and the use of technology. Join us virtually on May 11th from 9am – 5pm!
This year’s conference will use the Hopin platform which has built-in networking opportunities for all. And our colleagues from around the region will present on a variety of topics including inclusivity and accessibility, partnerships, staff support, uses of technology, internships and student programs, STEM and art and historic engagement, and more in:
- Over 20 breakout sessions
- Over 20 posters and case studies in a new-for-us Expo format
- Keynote by CUNY Professor/Artist Chloë Bass
Click here for the schedule overview. And, full program will be available soon. For a preview of the Hopin experience, watch this 10min video.
In light of the current situation, we are offering this conference free to all. All registrations must be received by 11:59Pm on Sunday, May 10. For those that can donate, we offer a pay-what-you-wish option with incentives:
- For a donation of $10, we will send you a Plantable Pocket Notebook
- For a donation of $20, we will send you a NYCMER Enamel Pin
- For a donation of $30, we will send you a NYCMER “I’m Not A Curator” T-shirt
- For a donation of $40, we will send you a pair of NYCMER socks.
NYCMER is committed to providing opportunities for all of our members to participate in our programs and engage with one another. Should you require any accessibility services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Share your thoughts about this program via social media using #NYCMER2020. Follow NYCMER on Twitter and Instagram for updates about this and all other NYCMER programs.
The 2020 NYCMER Annual Conference is made possible by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature.
- Program Development | School Visits | Public Programs | Resource Development
- Educators | Art Administrators
- Visitors Who Are Deaf | Visitors who use American Sign Language | Visitors who have Autism | Visitors with Developmental Disabilities | Visitors with Learning Disabilities
- 2020 NYCMER Annual Conference logo
- Graphic of speech bubbles with text: "New York City Museum Educators Roundtable ENGAGE! 2020 Annual Conference"
- New York City Museum Educators Roundtable (NYCMER)
- 2020 NYCMER Annual Conference page
- Free or pay what you wish
Register at nycmer.org/2020-conference/
NYCMER members have early access to Conference registration, you can find the registration information under the Member Portal, in My Account on our website. You must be logged in to access the registration. As a perk of membership, you will also receive access after the conference to the recording of the keynote address and all recorded breakout sessions.
Not a NYCMER Member yet?
All are welcome to register and attend. Registration for non-members opens on May 4, 2020. Join NYCMER today to take advantage of the great resources that NYCMER offers throughout the year such as the job board, peer group meetups, monthly events, and membership directory. Members will also have exclusive access to recordings of Conference sessions.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.