22 Feb Mapping Virtual Access Together
With support from the FAR Fund, this MAC project, titled Mapping Virtual Access in Cultural Institutions has documented current access practices through interviews, research and a survey.
The survey and project will not only reaffirm best access but also shines a light on some deeper socio-cultural dynamics within the NYC cultural institution ecosystem.
This series includes 4 events:
Part 1: Mapping Virtual Access in Cultural Institutions Survey Results Discussion, Webinar and Discussion, March 2nd, 11:00am-12:00pm EST, Data and insights gathered from the survey responses will be presented. There will also be time to ask questions and discuss with other attendees from NYC cultural institutions. Speaker: Bojana Coklyat, Project Manager, Cultural Access Innovation During COVID
Part 2: The Evolution of Virtual Access During COVID: Where Are We Now? , Cultural Institution Roundtable, March 4th, 11:00am-12:00pm EST, This roundtable will cover how access has been approached, how it may have shifted but also where we see it going. Speakers: Londs Reuter (Whitney Museum, Education Department), Richard Denney, (Audience Services at The Public Theatre), Martika Wilson (Program Coordinator, Daniel’s Music), and Nia I’man Smith (Community Engagement Associate, BRIC), Moderators: Bojana Coklyat
Part 3: What Engaging Access Means to Us, Disabled User Roundtable, March 11th, 11:00am-12:00pm EST, This roundtable will provide an opportunity for disabled users of various cultural institution’s content to talk about their experiences. Speakers: Lily Lipman, Moderators: Bojana Coklyat
Part 4: Learning and Sharing Engaging Virtual Access Practices, Workshop, March 16th, 11:00am-1:00pm EST, This will be a chance to learn from MAC’s research over the past 6 months, practice some techniques and hear from other sin the field. Facilitators: Bojana Coklyat and Sarah Burroughs
Access: CART, ASL, image description will be provided for all visual content.
- Program Development | Public Programs | Resource Development | Disability Studies | Other
- Educators | Advocates | Art Administrators | Other
- Visitors Who Are Blind or Partially Sighted | Visitors Who Are Deaf | Visitors who use American Sign Language | Visitors who have Autism | Visitors with Developmental Disabilities | Visitors with Hearing Loss | Visitors with Learning Disabilities | Visitors with Memory Loss | Visitors with Mobility Disabilities
- Museum, Arts and Culture Access Consortium Logo
- The letter M-A-C in shades of green with the organization name of Museum, Arts and Culture Access Consortium in a curved line underneath
- Online, Virtual Event
- Bojana Coklyat
- Museum, Arts and Culture Access Consortium
- Bojana Coklyat, email@example.com