06 Nov General Manager
Who We Are
Little Island is a beautiful, welcoming, and unique public park and public art space located in Hudson River Park at 13th/14th St. With its one-of-a-kind design and dynamic offerings and experiences, Little Island invites all New Yorkers to experience a public space that is designed to ignite imagination, foster spontaneity and play, and support camaraderie and connection. Little Island relies on its dedicated staff to deliver this experience and cultivate a public space that is welcoming for all to enjoy.
Little Island seeks a General Manager to join the Artistic Programming team. The General Manager is a key member of the Artistic Programming team and will facilitate the execution of the administrative, operational, and financial objectives of the department, including artist contracts and relations, budgeting and finance, human resources, and compliance. The ideal General Manager will own and maintain departmental administrative systems with excellence, ensuring alignment between Little Island’s artistic and administrative teams.
The General Manager is an adaptable critical thinker with a keen attention to detail, a passion for collaborative problem-solving, and experience upholding the administrative foundation of an artistic department. They have an inclusive and detailed approach to supporting and communicating complex information to artists and their representatives. Candidates with experience supporting a variety of artistic disciplines are strongly encouraged to apply. This role reports directly to the Director of Artistic Programming, and their work is executed in close partnership with the Business Affairs, Human Resource, and Finance departments.
- Job Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
- Employment Classification: Exempt
- Schedule Expectations: The General Manager will mostly be scheduled to work a flexible afternoon-evening schedule during the programming season and is predicted to work a more traditional Monday-Friday during the winter. Flexible availability in schedule is required.
- Projected Start Date: January 2, 2024
- 5+ years’ experience in company management or general management working with artists and creative teams of all disciplines is required
- Excitement for applying and adapting industry knowledge to Little Island’s start-up environment, helping to evolve new programming approach
- Respect for Little Island’s mission and values, including understanding that the focus of our work is to support the creative process and personnel involved in it
- Strong skills in executing contract negotiations and administration on behalf of an artistic institution with consideration for artist experience
- Passion for driving systems and processes at a high level cross-departmentally and contributing to our culture of camaraderie and excellence
- Demonstrated experience in budget development and management
- High degree of organization, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities
- Critical thinking and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- High emotional intelligence and interpersonal savvy
- Ability to cope with change and ambiguity comfortably and effectively
- Ability to understand and use discretion
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work in U.S.
- $85,000 - $95,000 per year
- Please visit our website http://www.littleisland.org/employment for more information about the role and click the ‘Apply Here’ button to submit your application. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mid-Level | Full-time
- Arts Organization
- Little Island