15 Nov Program Manager
Felicity House is a nonprofit organization providing social community for women with autism in a non-clinical setting. Founded in 2015 by a woman with autism, Felicity House provides a safe space where women can socialize with other women with autism in a welcoming and supportive environment. Located in a historic property on East 22nd Street, the building has been meticulously designed to provide a calm, creative and accessible setting, with subdued lighting, comfortable furniture, quiet rooms, art studios, and more.
Felicity House is responsive to the needs of adult women on the autism spectrum and provides accessible recreational experiences and social connections. The program menu includes workshops, fitness activities, arts, and lectures as well as special interest groups (book clubs) and small group meetups designed and implemented by staff members, in collaboration with community members. Staff encourage ideas and feedback from the women they serve and allow their personal stories and experience to shape the programs.
Reporting to a Program Director, the Program Manager will join a staff of ten and be required to work some weekends and evenings. The work of the Program Manager will occur primarily in-person, with opportunities for remote and offsite assignments.
Felicity House is seeking a Program Manager to develop and host in-person and virtual experiences, host outreach events, and support participants (called Community Members) to help them navigate the program. As part of Felicity House’s outreach work, this Program Manager will need to cultivate a warm and welcoming environment and design accessible social experiences at Felicity House and various offsite locations in NYC. This Program Manager will be responsible for managing a caseload of Community Members by acting as their main point of contact and promote community engagement.
The successful candidate has prior experience working with neurodiverse communities. They are comfortable working collaboratively with Felicity House staff and Community Members alike.
The Program Manager will be a careful observer of behavior and an effective communicator. They will possess sound judgement and flexible-thinking as well as honed interpersonal skills. A self-starter with a commitment to and passion for the mission of Felicity House, the Program Manager must be a strategic thinker and planner, problem solver, willing to ask questions, and able to respond to crises quickly and effectively.
- Maintain a ‘caseload’ of participants as staff contact, providing ongoing support.
- Develop and lead program activities including discussions groups, meetups, and special interest groups.
- Schedule and conduct discovery meetings with potential participants, families and professional service providers.
- Maintain clear and concise planning and debriefing notes regarding participants and events.
- Assist with ongoing organizational development.
- Support external relations, outreach and recruitment by organizing and leading pop-up events in community-based settings.
- Build and nurture relationships with participants, staff, speakers and community partners.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in a related field or a minimum of 2 years’ equivalent direct experience working with adults with neurodiverse needs
- Highly professional; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Experience and skill facilitating group discussions and social activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Respect for the confidentiality and sensitivities of the constituents is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Felicity House deeply values diversity and is committed to the recruitment and retention of individuals of underrepresented backgrounds. All applicants and employees will not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender expression), color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance.
Felicity House offers a generous salary, excellent benefits and vacation time, and a collegial working environment. They employ a small staff and are dedicated to promoting an environment of collaboration and work life balance.
For more information about Felicity House, please visit their website at:
NOTE: As per HR policies, full COVID-19 vaccination continues to be required for all staff members at Felicity House.
Felicity House has retained the services of Harris Rand Lusk to conduct this search. Inquiries, nominations, and applications may be directed in confidence to:
Dr. Jane Herzog
Director, Educational Leadership
Harris Rand Lusk
260 Madison Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Email resume and cover letter describing your interest in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write ‘Felicity House’ in the subject line of your email.
- Mid-Level | Full-time
- Felicity House
- 25 East 22nd St.
- New York
- Gina Roose