16 May Production Assistants
part time, contract
Lower Manhattan Cultural Council
River To River Festival
June 1st – July 1 2022
Founded as Lower Manhattan Cultural Council, LMCC is a dynamic non-profit organization that serves, connects, and makes space for artists and community. Since 1973, LMCC has been the champion for independent artists in New York City and the cultural life force of Lower Manhattan.
LMCC seeks up part-time temporary Production Assistants from June 1st – July 1st, 2022 for the 2022 River To River Festival running from June 12-26, 2022.
Production Assistant(s) will report to the Production Manager and Front of House Coordinator, supporting the Public Programs department. The seasonal Production Assistant(s) will work with the Festival Production Manager to provide technical needs for all River To River Festival events, support load-in, run, and load-out for site-based performances and the installation of visual art projects, operate sound and lighting equipment as needed, and supervise interns and volunteers (as needed). The dates are flexible from June 1st- July 1st 2022
The Production Assistant position is an opportunity to work closely on the technical production of events across several varying artistic disciplines and types of venues, including historic landmarks, parks, and plazas.
- Working with LMCC Production Manager to identify technical needs for projects and develop production plans
- Prepping equipment for Festival projects, under direction of Production Manager
- Coordinating and assisting in transportation of equipment rentals, purchases, and LMCC inventory to and from Festival sites and venues
- Assisting in the operations of one track of several distinct projects, including artist management, run, strike and load-out of performing and visual arts events
- Working with Front of House and other Production Assistants on site
- Ensuring all established COVID-19 protocols in accordance with New York State health and safety guidelines are followed by events attendees
- Representing LMCC through interactions with audience and artists
- General administrative tasks related to production (i.e. inventory management, etc.)
Compensation will vary depending on commitment and is up to $2650 for working the full month of the festival.
Lower Manhattan Cultural Council is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment, and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women.
To learn more about LMCC, please visit www.LMCC.net
Strong candidates for this position will have:
- Experience working on production of live performing arts events (dance, theater, music)
- Knowledge of setting up and operating sound, lighting, and/or video equipment
- Experience and interest in stage management, event and/or technical and production management
- Experience in technical production for outdoor or site-specific work is a plus
- Knowledge of New York City and cultural sector
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility and a willingness to contribute to other duties as required
- Knowledge of computer programs including MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.), Gmail and Google calendar, and Mac OSX.
- Willingness to work outdoors transporting, setting up, and striking equipment
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Driver’s license (preferred)
The ideal Production Assistant has exceptional organizational skills, comfort with setting up, using, and striking technical equipment, an outgoing personality and friendly attitude when representing LMCC through interactions with both audiences and artists, and the flexibility to adapt to the needs of many different kinds of tasks, performances, and venues.
To Apply: Please e-mail your resume with a cover letter, stating how you heard about the position, to Sandy Kassalias, Production Manager at jobs[at]lmcc.net. Please title the email “Production Assistant: YOUR NAME.”
No phone calls please. Only those we wish to interview will be contacted.
- Entry-Level | Mid-Level | Part-time
- Museum | Arts Organization | Performing Arts | Other
- Visitor Services | Public Programs | Operations | Other
- Arts Center Governor's Island
- 110 Andes Rd
- New York
- New York
- Rajia Sultana