09 Nov Internship Program
Little Island is a beautiful, welcoming and unique public park located in Hudson River Park at 13th/14th St. Opening in spring 2021, Little Island invites all New Yorkers and visitors to experience a new public space that is designed to inspire imagination and creativity and provide visitors of all ages with a one-of-a-kind relationship with nature and art.
The Little Island Internship Program is designed to grow and develop on-the-job skills for young people ages 18-24 who are curious about the five following areas: Leadership, Collaboration, Financial Capability, Public Art, and Public Space. Interns will receive hands-on professional development through virtual workshops in these five key areas, attend monthly meetups with Little Island Staff, and perform administrative tasks outlined by their supervisor. We are hiring two interns for the Spring of 2021, which is a 10-week program beginning Monday, February 8th, 2021.
- Attend all scheduled work hours and departmental meetings
- Complete ongoing project tasks as assigned
- Learn how to use the software and tools necessary to complete project tasks
- Collaborate with fellow interns on a cohort-specific project that is assigned at the beginning of the program
- Create and uphold deadlines for all projects and tasks
- Attend all scheduled workshops
- Promptly communicate any conflicts with the Engagement and Education Program Manager
What You Bring
- A desire to learn and develop skills in the program’s core areas of focus: Leadership, Collaboration, Financial Capability, Public Art, and Public Space
- The availability to work remotely Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00pm-5:00pm
- The ability to work remotely with internet access
- A passion for public space and supporting local communities
What to Expect
- 10 hours of work per week from February 8th 2021 – April 16th 2021
- Compensation of $15/hour
- Interactive online professional development in the five key areas listed above, let by Little Island’s Engagement and Education department
- Monthly visits to the park and Little Island’s Headquarters (in-person or socially distanced, to be confirmed)
In order to be eligible for this program, candidates must be:
- Age 18-24
- Currently enrolled, or about to be enrolled, in a CUNY School
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
How to Apply
Visit our website http://www.littleisland.org/employment to submit your application via Submittable. Please note that you will have to make a Submittable account. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at email@example.com
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Paid Internship
- Arts Organization | Other
- Little Island
- 872 Washington St 3rd Flr
- New York
- New York