27 Oct Festival Senior Producer
Festival Senior Producer
LMCC’s Arts Center at Governors Island
Lower Manhattan Cultural Council
New York, NY
The Lower Manhattan Cultural Council (LMCC) seeks a seasonal Senior Producer for its long-running summer arts and culture festival, River To River. The 2023 edition of the festival marks LMCC’s 50th anniversary and is scheduled to take place for two weeks in June at various sites across Lower Manhattan. River To River features live performances and visual art, with an emphasis on contemporary dance in public space. A majority of the projects will be presented at public locations where the arts are not commonly presented, thus requiring a versatile skill set for producing work in non-traditional venues. This includes public parks, historic buildings, dance studios at The Arts Center on Governors Island, and even Downtown office space. The Senior Producer plays a central role in the program’s success through thoughtful, strategic, and timely decision-making related to all aspects of the festival’s production.
Location: LMCC’s Arts Center at Governors Island
Reporting to: Jess Van Nostrand, Director of Exhibitions & Public Programs
Dates: 23-Week Contract: February 1 – July 14, 2023
Combination of Part-Time and full-time at $45 / hour
Retainer Fee: $30,000
Compensation will be on a contract basis.
The weekly schedule for this role is as follows:
February- March = 20 hrs per week
April – May = 35 hrs a week
June 1 – 23 = 40 hours a week
June 24 – July 14 = 20 hrs/ week
- Oversee all production aspects of the annual River To River festival, including the following:
-Program timelines and project schedules
-Contracts for artists, partners, and vendors
-Site visits and site-specific planning with curators, artists, and venue partners
-Management of vendors and site partners
In addition to the above, this person will focus on the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Technical Coordinator to ensure festival logistics run smoothly
- Work closely with Technical Producer to assess projects’ needs and develop run of shows and other processes for delegating to staff
- Schedule and direct regular production planning meetings
- Ensure effective communication between artists and production team
- Communicate plans, through regular and consistent channels, to internal stakeholders
- Liaise with Public Engagement Manager for front-of-house needs
- Coordinate tasks with Technical Coordinator and Front-of-House staff
- Manage all close-out tasks related to technical and budget reconciliation after the festival
- Assist with reporting to funders as needed
To Apply: Please e-mail your resume with a thoughtful cover letter, stating how you heard about the position and your qualifications, to jobs[at]lmcc.net. Please title the email “Senior Producer: [your name]. No phone calls please.
Only those we wish to interview will be contacted.
Lower Manhattan Cultural Council is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment, and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women. To learn more about LMCC, please visit www.LMCC.net
The River To River planning team consists of a Technical Producer, Technical Coordinator, Public Engagement Manager, and the Director of Exhibitions and Public Programs. Seasonal technical and front-of-house staff are hired additionally. The Senior Producer will work closely with the Technical Producer and Director of Exhibitions and Public Programs to execute each project, contributing to a collegial and supportive environment in which the artists’ ideas are presented in the optimal way.
To Apply: Please e-mail your resume with a thoughtful cover letter, stating how you heard about the position and your qualifications, to jobs[at]lmcc.net. Please title the email “Senior Producer: [your name].
No phone calls please. Only those we wish to interview will be contacted. Compensation will be on a contract basis.
- Part-time | Full-time
- Museum | Arts Organization | Performing Arts
- Curatorial | Visitor Services | Public Programs | Operations
- Lower Manhattan Cultural Council
- 125 Maiden Lane, 2nd Floor
- New York
- Rajia Sultana