02 Jul Education Specialist for Digital Learning
The Education Specialist for Digital Learning works within the Tenement Museum’s full-time Education Department, a team of 22 people, to oversee the internal and external learning media at the Tenement Museum and provide support to Department operations. This position will work collaboratively to develop the content and implementation strategy for launch and growth of the Museum’s new distance learning initiative, bringing the museum and its stories to students and other audiences across the country. This position also creates and manages video training resources for Education Department staff and external teacher audiences, works across departments to support the Tenement Talks public lecture series and other public programs, assists with coordination and tours as needed, and oversees the Content Management System for the Museum’s Your Story, Our Story digital exhibit.
This work schedule for this position is Sunday through Thursday that also includes occasional evening hours.
As the Education Specialist for Digital Programs and Media you will:
- Steward the museum’s new distance learning initiative for K-12 audiences, including content and program design, scheduling, technical support, teaching, and training.
- Build outreach campaign for distance learning programs; represent the Museum at resource fairs and teacher events.
- Oversee content management system for Your Story Our Story digital exhibit: ensure consistency of data, approve incoming submissions, identify submissions for curation.
- Manage content on Department web portal; design and lead training meetings for Educators and staff regarding technology updates and new initiatives.
- Serve as videographer and content editor for internal and external training videos.
- Support public programs with learning technology as needed.
- Support Education Department’s day-to-day operations; in role of Education Coordinator make decisions regarding visitor wellbeing and scheduling changes.
- Share a love of storytelling and an interest in contemporary migration issues.
- Lead public and private tours and programs of 97 and 103 Orchard Street.
- : You may be the right fit for this position if you:
- Have at least three years’ experience developing content and instructional design for technology-based learning, preferably for K-12 audiences; can demonstrate knowledge of current and emerging trends in the field.
- Produce video and audio content and have at least two years’ experience with recording tools and production software including Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Have at least two years’ experience managing people and projects.
- Enjoy collaborating with students, teachers, and colleagues to make history relevant through engaging, personal storytelling.
- Consider yourself a lifelong student and teacher.
- : https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=dc536cd9-a2b3-4b71-9ed8-5be05e62d998&jobId=290874&lang=en_US&source=CC2
- : 07/11/2019
- : Full-time
- : Museum
- : Education
- : Tenement Museum
- 103 Orchard Street
- New York
- : Anne Brenner
- : 6465183036
- : email@example.com