29 Jul Diversity and Inclusion Manager
The Diversity and Inclusion Manager will work closely with the Chief Diversity Officer in developing, executing and communicating Diversity and Inclusions programs and leading collaborations with stakeholders to better align programs with NYBG’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Plan. This position will engage the DEI committee to identify and audit actions intended to support a culture of diversity and inclusion throughout NYBG.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Engage with management and staff to create a culture of participation in and contribution to DEI initiatives and goals.
- Work with various NYBG stakeholders to develop toolkits to encourage growth and engagement of diverse audiences.
- Work with the Accessibility Administrator and the Accessibility Committee to incorporate accessibility measures in DEI goals and NYBG’s programs.
- Collaborate with DEI Committee on calendar of events aimed at employee engagement around key DEI Initiatives
- Ability to train and facilitate small and large groups on the topic of diversity and inclusion, analyze the data, present on these topics, and recommend action items to the DEI Committee.
- Incorporate DEI research, strategies and scenarios in training development, design and facilitation.
- Facilitate launch of and then manage a new Mentorship Program that aligns and supports DEI initiatives across NYBG.
- Identify and implement effective systems and practices to drive diversity and inclusion.
- Build knowledge of the Diversity and Inclusion landscape and emerging issues and opportunities.
- Keep informed of best practices and make ongoing recommendations to create a more impactful engagement experience
- Ability to identify resources, organizations and community groups with which to collaborate to support NYBG’s DEI initiatives.
MONITORING and REPORTING
- Analyze data and metrics to support Diversity and Inclusion Plan and develop action items, as needed.
- Track and document progress, and promote the benefits, of Diversity & Inclusion and provide methods for engagement to the broader community.
3+ years of experience in implementation of Diversity and Inclusion, Cultural Institution experience is preferred.Must have experience in developing DEI goals, tracking and collecting data, drawing conclusions and making recommendations.Ability to evaluate issues from multiple perspectives with the goal of broadly supporting DEI initiatives and NYBG’s mission.Highly collaborative, able to work autonomously and able to direct conversations between stakeholders with differing perspectives.Must have experience facilitating employee resource groups.Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.Excellent negotiation and change management skills.Ability to adjust to shifting priorities.
- Human Resources
- New York Botanical Garden
- 2900 Southern Blvd
- Human Resources Department