07 Sep Development Assistant
Founded in 1973, Lower Manhattan Cultural Council champions and makes space for artists and community throughout the borough and beyond, and as NYC’s largest regrantor of city and state funding, awarding over $1.5 million to Manhattan based artists and art organizations. Through a unique model of private-public partnerships, LMCC creates opportunities for artists to advance in their careers and practices, providing grants, artists’ residencies, and exhibition and presentation opportunities. LMCC also produces public programming such as the River To River Festival, Open Studios, and curates and operates the newly renovated and expanded Arts Center at Governors Island, a 40,000 square foot arts space for residency programs, public presentations, and exhibitions.
LMCC seeks a full-time Development Assistant to build on this legacy and continue its mission as it heads into its 50th year. Lower Manhattan Cultural Council is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and sustainability.
Reporting to the Director of Development this position is a key part of LMCC’s Institutional Advancement team with primary responsibility for supporting the development team’s administrative operations, events, and day-to-day functions. The Development Assistant works closely with LMCC’s President and the Director of Development on all administrative aspects pertaining to LMCC’s Board of Directors, acting as a main point of contact to the Board members.
- Processes all contributed income on a weekly basis, including grant payments, donations, sponsorships, and in-kind support from all stakeholders; records all income in Salesforce and prepares and sends donation acknowledgement letters; and reconciles income and expenses with the Finance and Operations department on a regular basis.
- Acts as a main, organization-wide point of contact for the Salesforce database, and provides integral data support, including donor record upkeep, list management and analytical reporting, with a focus on pristine data integrity.
- Works closely with the Director of Development and Institutional Advancement staff on the implementation of LMCC’s fundraising events, including VIP events and the annual gala, The Downtown Dinner.
- Implements all direct-mail and email campaigns for individual and Board donors, including the annual calendar and fiscal-year-end appeal campaigns.
- Provides key administrative support to department staff, including maintaining and updating contact details for grant portals, submission of any grant compliance materials, scheduling meetings, and preparing materials and correspondence.
- Facilitates communication with LMCC’s Board of Directors including scheduling of committee meetings, all sub-committee and task force meetings, and Board meetings.
- Creates agendas and information packets for Board meetings; coordinates all logistics for Board meetings and receptions; and attends all Board meetings and takes minutes.
- Prepares packets for new Board members and other packages related to Board cultivation as needed.
Salary range for this position is $42,000. Includes an attractive benefits package.
Lower Manhattan Cultural Council is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment, and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women. To learn more about LMCC, visit www.LMCC.net.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 year(s) experience in nonprofit administration, marketing or fundraising
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Internet, Salesforce (or other CRM database), Mailchimp, and Google Suite
- Excellent organizational and written skills; time management, task prioritization, and efficiency
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate professionally, effectively, and discreetly with donors and colleagues
- Specific experience in database management, financial reporting, correspondence, and contact management a plus
- Ability to multi-task and stay focused, with keen attention to detail
Submit applications via email with a resume and cover letter to jobs[at]lmcc.net. Please title the email “Development Assistant: YOUR NAME.”
No phone calls please. Only those we wish to interview will be contacted.
- Museum | Arts Organization | Performing Arts | Other
- Curatorial | Public Programs | Operations
- Lower Manhattan Cultural Council
- 125 Maiden Lane, 2nd Floor
- New York