23 Nov Creative Content Associate (Part-Time)
Little Island is a beautiful, welcoming and unique public park located in Hudson River Park at 13th/14th St. Opening in spring 2021, Little Island invites all New Yorkers and visitors to experience a new public space that is designed to inspire imagination and creativity and provide visitors of all ages with a one-of-a-kind relationship with nature and art.
Creative Content Associate (Part-time)
Little Island seeks a creative, organized, and professional graphic designer and video editor to serve as its Creative Content Associate. The Creative Content Associate will support the External Relations team by creating materials that advance our communications efforts. As the team builds its in-house capacity, the ideal candidate values collaboration, creative solutions, and teamwork. This role will be primarily responsible for graphic design, but also requires photography, videography and film editing skills. This is a part-time position that will be with Little Island January 2021 through December 2021 and will report to the Communications Manager.
Graphic Design Responsibilities
- Design visual content for print and digital applications that is on-brand and is appropriate for our various external audiences
- Design and layout of essential business materials (e.g. business cards, presentations, and documents)
- Design and layout of all materials for internal communications and engagement with Little Island employees
Videography and Editing Responsibilities
- Shoot and edit video for Little Island’s social media, website, and other marketing channels.
- Work within our existing brand guidelines to develop video treatments that meet company objectives
- Working with the External Relations Coordinator, manage Little Island’s digital assets by ingesting, organizing, distributing, and archiving video footage
- Create short videos to highlight, recap, and promote various endeavors and events on Little Island
- Work autonomously and develop high-quality concepts with minimal instruction
- Optimize graphics and video content for social media platforms
- Complete photography assignments as required, to support design and communications efforts
- Manage timelines and prioritization of workload, and know when to ask for direction
- Other duties as assigned
What to Expect
- Little Island will be open year-round, from 6am-1am daily.
- Little Island has 3 distinct performances spaces hosting a wide variety of artistic programs throughout the season including a 700-seat amphitheater
- Park employees may be asked to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island, navigating the entire park and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings and events.
- Competitive hourly rate (commensurate with experience)
- Eligible for accrued sick leave (up to 7 days)
- Eligible for overtime and holiday pay
- Contribution into a 401(k) retirement plan
- Commuter benefits and employee discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
What You Bring
- A bachelor’s degree or related education in a design-related discipline
- 2+ years of professional experience in a production environment
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with best practices for graphics and video content on social media platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram);
- Technically proficient in media equipment and software with the capability to troubleshoot and problem-solve;
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines;
- Interest in parks, performance and the arts and/or community engagement
- Availability to work a minimum of 25 hours/week on a pre-determined schedule, with increased hours as necessary during the Spring and Summer season
- Eligibility to work in the US
- Availability to start January 2021
How to Apply
Visit our website http://www.littleisland.org/employment to submit your application and portfolio materials via Submittable. Please note that you will have to make a Submittable account. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at email@example.com
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Little Island
- 872 Washington St 3rd Flr
- New York
- New York