07 Sep Communications & Marketing Manager
Communications & Marketing Manager
Founded in 1973, Lower Manhattan Cultural Council champions and makes space for artists and community throughout the borough and beyond, and as NYC’s largest regrantor of city and state funding, awarding over $1.5 million to Manhattan based artists and art organizations. Through a unique model of private-public partnerships, LMCC creates opportunities for artists to advance in their careers and practices, providing grants, artists’ residencies, and exhibition and presentation opportunities. LMCC also produces public programming such as the River To River Festival, Open Studios, and curates and operates the newly renovated and expanded Arts Center at Governors Island, a 40,000 square foot arts space for residency programs, public presentations, and exhibitions.
LMCC seeks a full-time Communications & Marketing Manager to build on this legacy and continue its mission as it heads into its 50th year. Lower Manhattan Cultural Council is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and sustainability.
Reporting to the Director of Communications & Marketing (DOCM), this individual is an integral part of the team with primary responsibility for supporting implementation of communications & marketing strategies for all institutional and programmatic activities. The position serves as a brand ambassador interacting with LMCC’s stakeholders online and in-person (artists, general public, and community and cultural partners) ensuring that LMCC’s relationships remain stable and grow.
- Collaborates with the DOCM to design, execute and track strategic campaigns that support company goals and mission across initiatives, including budget tracking and media planning, as well as email marketing growth strategies, including executing newsletter campaigns.
- Works with the Development team and IA department on yearly fundraising campaigns—leveraging new ideas and best-in-market practices to increase donations.
- Spearheads the day-to-day management of marketing campaigns and initiatives that increase awareness for LMCC’s programs, ensuring key stakeholders are up-to-date, timelines are met, and KPIs are reached .
- Manages the logistics and execution of promotional partnerships/sponsorship campaigns by creating timelines, providing assets and processing the requests of peer arts organizations, printers, advertisers, survey companies, e-blast providers and other similar companies.
- Manages and tracks LMCC’s social media channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Works with Events team to provide LMCC brand experience for all stakeholders pre-event, on-site and post-event.
- Supervises the Communications & Marketing Associate, the Communications & Marketing Assistant and Intern(s)
Salary range for this position is $52,000. Includes an attractive benefits package.
Lower Manhattan Cultural Council is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment, and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women. To learn more about LMCC, visit www.LMCC.net.
4-5 years’ experience in the marketing, communications field, or related fields, arts/cultural institution preferred
Excellent editorial capacity with a strong sense of design
Experience in speaking and writing about the arts
Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills
Ability to tie organizational mission and business goals to web presence.
Submit applications via email with a resume and cover letter to jobs[at]lmcc.net. Please title the email “Communications & Marketing Manager: YOUR NAME.”
No phone calls please. Only those we wish to interview will be contacted.
- Museum | Arts Organization | Performing Arts | Other
- Curatorial | Other
- Lower Manhattan Cultural Council
- 125 Maiden Lane, 2nd Floor
- New York
- Rajia Sultana