13 Sep Associate Production Manager
Who We Are
Little Island is a beautiful, welcoming, and unique public park and public art space located in Hudson River Park at 13th/14th St. With its one-of-a-kind design and dynamic offerings and experiences, Little Island invites all New Yorkers to experience a public space that is designed to ignite imagination, foster spontaneity and play, and support camaraderie and connection. Little Island relies on its dedicated staff to deliver this experience and cultivate a public space that is welcoming for all to enjoy.
Associate Production Manager
Little Island seeks an Associate Production Manager to join the Artistic Programming Department. Little Island is home to three unique outdoor spaces for social gathering and live performance. The Associate Production Manager will work with the Production Manager and Artistic Programming team to provide administrative and logistical support for the planning and execution of the programming season.
The ideal candidate is a collaborative problem-solver with strong project management skills. Candidates with experience working in an outdoor performance venue as well as supporting a wide variety of artistic disciplines are strongly encouraged to apply. The position is a full-time year-round position and reports to the Production Manager.
- Salary Range: $70,000-$75,000/year
- Job Type: Full-Time, Year-Round
- Exempt Status: Exempt
- Schedule Expectations: Varies by season. When seasonal programming is active, schedule will include frequent nights, overnights, holidays, and weekends. When seasonal programming is not active, schedule will follow typical weekday office hours.
- Projected Start Date: Week of October 16, 2023
What You Bring
- 4 or more years of production-related administrative experience
- Experience developing and improving organizational systems
- Confidence in scheduling and payroll processes
- Experience with working on or alongside a crew in a theatrical setting
- Familiarity with Artifax, Airtable, and Microsoft Office a plus
- Adaptability and flexibility when responding to changing circumstances associated with live performance (artist needs, inclement weather, etc.).
- A keen attention to detail as pertains to receiving information from multiple sources, prioritizing tasks, and disseminating data to relevant parties
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals both within and outside of the organization
- A genuine interest and investment to contribute to our culture of camaraderie and excellence by collaborating and problem-solving cross-departmentally
- Passion for engaging with visitors and guests, ensuring they feel welcome and have the information they need in service to a memorable visitor experience
- Comfort working in a wide range of temperatures and weather conditions, including light rain, summer heat, and in intermittent direct sunlight
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for 50% of working time, traverse stairs, and regularly lift 25 pounds
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
Please visit our website at http://www.littleisland.org/employment for more information about the role and click the ‘Apply Here’ button to submit your application. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at email@example.com
- Arts Organization
- Little Island
- 872 Washington St
- New York
- Sonja Toulouse-Martin